Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Which schools combine ACT scores?

amazonamazon Posts: 923Registered User Member
edited June 2006 in Business Major
I just got my latest ACT. If I could mix and match my 2 scores I would have a 32 - a 31.5 which rounds to a 32 right? Do you know if schools let you combine scores? Like Cornell, NYU, Wash U, Carnegie-Mellon?
Post edited by amazon on

Replies to: Which schools combine ACT scores?

• Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,350CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    i've read in a forum that wash u does it.. and i was on NYU's actual forum on its site.. and a moderator says that they take the highest score from each section on the ACT.. but that doesn't sound right for some reason.
  • amazonamazon Posts: 923Registered User Member
    Why doesn't it sound right? It would be a way to boost their SAT scores in US News and World Report.
  • johnnydr87johnnydr87 Posts: 626Registered User Member
    I think Wash U does it for SATs, but not ACTs....

Actually, I'm pretty certain. I filled out one of their surveys (to improve their college admissions process) and the asked for the highest sections in the SAT and my highest ACT...

Maybe i interpreted the question wrong.
  • amazonamazon Posts: 923Registered User Member
    Wash U had some confusing answer. They don't combine scores but they look at your highest scores per section. NYU doesn't combine but Cornell does. I didn't ask Carnegie-Mellon yet. Do you think 32 vs. 31 is significant at these schools?