Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How hard is a double major?

johnnyham89johnnyham89 Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2008 in Business Major
Hopefully this fall I will be attending Houston Baptist University, which requires you to double major. Im pretty sure that I would be going with economics and finance since they seem like they go great together. So I was wondering how much harder is a double than a single major? And does it really help you in the long run? thanks
Post edited by johnnyham89 on

Replies to: How hard is a double major?

• VectorWegaVectorWega Posts: 1,872Registered User Senior Member
    It's not harder at all. It just involves taking more classes (which could it more difficult if you increase the # of hours per semester). However, I don't know how HBU's program works. Perhaps they have cut out some other classes in order to streamline the process. I doubt it is overly difficult.
  • DawgieDawgie Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    Little tougher beacuse more classes. As far as really help? Not really.
  • ferryboat10ferryboat10 Posts: 636Registered User Member
    If it's a college requirement of all students, it won't be difficult at all.

HBU's double major business programs are ~80 credits. Not only is that far from excessive, the BBA option is how most business schools operate: business college core & major.