Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Accounting or Business Administration

2»

Replies to: Accounting or Business Administration

• DawgieDawgie Registered User Posts: 1,576 Senior Member
    agc congrats on Yale.
  • agc0319agc0319 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 229 Junior Member
    openedskittles and Dawgie, thanks!
  • addictionisbadaddictionisbad Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    agc0319, there is more to business major than accounting. it's good to have an accounting background in any business/corporation, especially if you own it.
    you gotta see the big picture. even if you dont work as an accountant(who i think makes decent money but not that much), you can still use accounting in other job positions, and even personally

and as for the question, business administration is what you would use to start a business, or keep it running, with people. i would take it but i wouldn't stop there. and i would take accounting..

but i would start thinking about what i want to do soon.. you dont want to be stuck looking for a job and not know what you want to do..
    you might even be stuck as an accountant, dont get trapped into a dead end job.
  • taxguytaxguy Registered User Posts: 6,625 Senior Member
    NO QUESTION: Surprisingly, majoring in accounting opens more doors than majoring in business administration. However, accounting is also a MUCH tougher major.
  • Whistleblower1Whistleblower1 - Posts: 633 Member
    taxguy wrote:
    NO QUESTION: Surprisingly, majoring in accounting opens more doors than majoring in business administration. However, accounting is also a MUCH tougher major.

I'm with taxguy on this one. He knows what he's talking about.
  • addictionisbadaddictionisbad Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    that's what i said ;]
  • kennethbkennethb Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Accounting major opens doors as professional accountants in private, government, and non-profit organizations. Knowledge of business and financial concepts, principles of federal taxation, auditing and so on accelerate an accounting career.

Degree in Business Administration leads to many responsible managerial positions in both domestic and international firms. It gives a solid foundation in all the disciplines related to business. So, a business administration major can work in any of the disciplines in a business organization with an integrated understanding of business and economic concepts.

You can decide on a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business administration depending on your aptitude for accounting specifically or business management disciplines.
2»
This discussion has been closed.