Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Which undergrad school would be better if I wanted an MBA in the future?

hikevinnhikevinn Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
Hi, I am a senior in high school and with all acceptance letters out, I have to choose my college now.

It's been a sad week considering I got rejected to my dream school, UCSB. However, I still have to choose a college and my choices are : SDSU honors program or UC-Santa Cruz.

I wanted to major in business (Hotel management) but I heard that it is not recommended if I wanted to get an MBA (correct me if I am wrong) so that is why I am doubting SDSU.

Overall, I would rather go to SDSU because I like it's atmosphere more but I do not want to hinder my chances of my real future, which is ultimately getting an MBA.

If I were not to major in business because it is not beneficial for an MBA, should I still go to SDSU and major in something else or should I go to UCSC because it has a better name (if it does).

Well, thanks for the help! :)

P.S.- It is SDSU with honors program and UCSC (UC-Santa Cruz). I have also been admitted to UC-Irvine and CSU-Long Beach but those schools do not appeal to me.

Once again,
Thank you and have a nice day!!

OH YEAH!
And if I were to major in something besides business for undergrad, what would be the best major for an MBA?