Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Native American looking for MBA program

TcamppppTcampppp Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hi! In the coming months, I'm going to need to narrow down my search for the best MBA program possible with my grades and experience. My goal has been for some time now to be accepted into Stern NYU. With my current grades and experience, what schools should I be looking at and is NYU a reasonable possibility and/or what do I need to improve to be accepted into NYU?

-Native American student from West Virginia
-GPA- 3.3
-GMAT- 680
-Founded a non profit organization helping low income students find and apply to colleges in my hometown
-Intern for a consulting company in NYC this summer

Replies to: Native American looking for MBA program

• TooOld4SchoolTooOld4School Registered User Posts: 2,484 Senior Member
    How long ago did you finish undergrad? What have you done in the mean time? Your GPA matters less and less depending on the time when you were in undergrad and what you have accomplished in the mean time. Your GMAT and GPA is a bit low for the top tier of schools, but you are an excellent candidate from a diversity standpoint (there are close to zero NA MBA students). If you could improve your GMAT score 30-40 points that would make a big difference. If you only have a year or two of work experience that will make entry much more difficult, and it will also be a waste of time for you.
  • TcamppppTcampppp Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm currently in my senior year of undergrad