Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

GRE-MBA/MPP chances?

sfxchrissfxchris Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
Hi all,
I am currently a senior in university looking to apply to four deferred MBA programs for fourth year students (with a GRE and in a non-business major). I would like some feedback on my profile and what you guys think my chances are! Also, I am looking a few MPA/MPP/MIA programs as well, so would like feedback on those --

Education: New York University; Chinese, Public Policy

GRE: 162Q/163V (predicted)
GPA: 3.5 (at time of application, strong upward trend)
Underrepresented Minority

Highlights (?)
* International internship experience in Shanghai, China -- Bitcoin exchange tech company.
* Year studying abroad in Shanghai.
* internship at Dept. of Commerce this past spring, completed summer intership at a financial services/fintech firm in NYC.

*SOP: strong personal experiences to write about, including overcoming health issues and adjusting to cultural gap of working abroad. Potential issue is a lack of leadership experience at university, outside of being an RA.

I am targeting Harvard 2+2, Stanford, Yale Silver Scholars, NYU Stern Berkeley Scholars
MPA/MPP/MIA programs from Harvard, Columbia, Princeton, UPenn, UC Berkeley, Yale, University of Pennsylvania.

I have a job secured for after graduation at the company I completed my summer internship at, and am going through the interview process with Amazon. My planned trajectory is graduate --> work 2 years --> MBA --> career switch, or management. Ideally I would like to work in sustainable business or supply chain after graduation.

Thanks for any advice/help.