Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Lockheed Martin Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP)

undefinedundefined Posts: 282Registered User Junior Member
Hi - I will be interviewing for the Lockheed Martin Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP). It is a 3-year program that consists of:

* Two technical in-house courses related to the field I'm in taught by PhDs and leading experts at Lockheed Martin.
* Three 1-week long leadership development conferences around the US, with other ELDPs.
* The company will pay for your Masters degree in Engineering. I am planning on obtaining a Masters of Science in Engineering, Systems Engineering from an Ivy League school (University of Pennsylvania).
* 3-4 rotations; each rotation is around 6-12 months; it exposes you to different fields of engineering... systems, software, hardware/electrical design, and even business/finance for one rotation

It is centered around giving the ELDP associate a broader understanding of the business that Lockheed Martin pursues.

How do you think this will be viewed upon by an admission committee of a MBA school? My other options are to join Microsoft, or IBM Consulting.

And as a background, I'll have three internships by the time I graduate, all with Fortune 500 companies, 3.5 overall GPA, 3.8 engineering GPA, electrical engineering graduate.