Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What GMAT score is needed to get into top 10 MBA schools?

Future13Future13 Posts: 339Registered User Member
edited February 2009 in Business School - MBA
Harvard,Upenn,NYU,Columbia(especially)..... a 3.5 gpa in college, what GMAT score you need to have to get into one of top 10 MBA schools?
If its possible give me the lowest that gives you 25% chance and highest that gives you 75% of getting in with the GPA that i mentioned earlier.

PS-Also if I dont want to go to MBA school right after my undergraduate and I want to work for 2-4 years Will my GPA,GMAT,recommendations,clubs that I took in undergraduate and teams still be saved up in my diploma?
Post edited by Future13 on

Replies to: What GMAT score is needed to get into top 10 MBA schools?

  • gellinogellino Posts: 3,017Registered User Senior Member
    If its possible give me the lowest that gives you 25% chance and highest that gives you 75% of getting in with the GPA that i mentioned earlier.

    It really doesn't work like that. GMAT and GPA together are still less than 50% of determining factors in admission. I have known those with a 650 GMAT get into Harvard and those with a 770 GMAT get rejected at Harvard. Work experience and essays matter more and are obviously not objective.

    GMAT scores are saved for five years by ETS, I believe and your college transcript will always exist. Over 90% of those entering top 10 MBA programs will have at least three years work experience before attending.
  • Future13Future13 Posts: 339Registered User Member
    Can i take GMAT after i graduate from my undergrad college?Or its like SAT and you have to take it your junior year?
  • hmom5hmom5 Posts: 10,882- Senior Member
    I'd shoot for a minimum of 700 and say high 700's doesn't guarantee admission.

    As someone above said, work experience is key. It is very difficult for most to get into a top program without significant work experience. I've seen kids who've truly excelled at a job over 3-5 years and gotten outstanding recs get into HWS with low 700's.

    You can take the GMAT anytime and the score is good for 5 years.
Sign In or Register to comment.