Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Official Acceptance Page for Transfers 2013!

en3mesen3mes Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2013 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I just sent in my application and wanted to get the thread going.

Major:
In/Out State:
Gen Ed/Prereqs:
GPA:

Side Notes:
Post edited by en3mes on

Replies to: Official Acceptance Page for Transfers 2013!

• en3mesen3mes Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    My Stats

Major: Business Administration (Concentration in Accounting)
    In/Out State: In
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: Will be complete by Spring
    GPA: 3.47

Side Notes: I’m a military veteran and a first-generation college student. I received a 3.0 GPA from a private college I attended while in the military, and I’m currently maintaining a 4.0 GPA at my California Community College. I have some work experience and extracurricular activities. I’m finishing 9 of the 10 prerequisite courses for my major this Fall and Spring semesters. Hopefully they won’t care about this.

Good luck, transfers.
  • BeanTown12BeanTown12 Posts: 92Registered User Junior Member
    Major: industrial engineering
    In/Out State: instate
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: missing two math and one physics
    GPA: 3.78 at a CC

Side Notes: first year at USC not a big fan of the school and the area, I'm also a military veteran and first generation college student. I'm a little worried becuse I am missing a few prerequisites, so who knows best of luck to all!!!!
  • WildBFWildBF Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Major: Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting
    In/Out State: In state
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: I'll have all of these done by spring

Side Notes: Currently attending a CC right out of high school and have managed to maintain a 4.0. I should have all of the prereqs done by spring, and I'm finishing up general ed this fall. I have about a year of work experience.

Good luck!
    Bumping. Regular decision is approaching quickly. Happy holidays, everyone.
  • EVILteddieEVILteddie Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted!

Major: Business Admin /Accounting
    In/Out State: San Diego resident
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: Will be completed Spring 13
    GPA: 4.0

Side Notes: I was accepted early through a Troops to College program by the Dept. of Defense. So my process was a little different, but just found out a few days ago I was accepted. Best of luck to everyone, I can't wait until next fall!
    Congrats, Teddie.

I have no idea what the troops to college program is. It's probably too late for me to get into it, anyway.
  • EVILteddieEVILteddie Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    I messaged you about the program. If any other vets or active duty want some additional information, send me a message and I would be glad to share it.
  • RonaldARRonaldAR Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Major: Business Administration (Concentration in Marketing)
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: Completed all General Ed, plus some major related work @ CC
    GPA: 3.57

Side Notes: 25 year old army veteran, currently living in Orange County. Applied to many schools around October 30. The more I read about it, Cal Poly SLO is increasingly sounding like the school to go to. I am really looking forward to hearing their decision.
  • quietdudequietdude Posts: 105Registered User Junior Member
    Major: City and Regional Planning
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: IGETC completed, golden four completed, but missing some assist.org classes.
    GPA: 3.07

Side Notes: I work 25-30 hours at a pre-school, I'm part of the scholars program at my community college, and I have volunteer experience. My gpa is lower than most of you guys but one of my friends was accepted as a poli sci major with a 2.8! I really hope I get accepted Cal Poly is my dream school. Best of luck to the transfers!
  • codywillcodywill Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Major: Electrical Engineering
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: Finishing this semester
    GPA: 3.7

Side Notes: Really hoping I get in. A buddy of mine (Mechanical Engineering) got in a few years back with a 2.7, but I've seen people with higher than mine get rejected so it's really hard to say. Best of luck to you all!
  • crevicecrevice Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    This is my last year at a CCC and I am finishing a couple of required physics and math classes. I didn't get to put the grades for these classes on the application because I haven't finished them yet. So, I am wondering how much it affects me that I didn't have these classes completed by the time applications were due, but WILL be completed by the end of spring quarter.
    Crevice, As long as you put on your application that you'd have it done by spring, I think you should be fine.

We should be hearing back from Cal Poly in 3-4 weeks, from what I've heard.
  • mechguymechguy Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Major: Mechanical Engineering
    In/ out state: in
    Gen.Ed: All prereqs.
    GPA : 3.88
  • cjnutzcjnutz Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Materials Engineering
    In-state
    All GenEd and Pre-Requisites(and many more) completed.
    GPA: 3.87

At the end of this spring semester, my third year, I will have 101 units. I only hope I am not waitlisted like I was last year. Waiting until July 15 to hear any response is torture. Good luck to everyone this year.
  • avatar102329avatar102329 Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    Ok, I'm assuming everyone who has posted here hasn't received a decision yet, correct? Except for EVILteddy, who explicitly stated he was accepted.

If this is strictly for accepted students I will delete this. Anticipating some kind of answer this month by the looks of other threads, old and current. Anyway, I applied and here are my stats:

Major: Mechanical Engineering
    Gen Ed/Prereqs: Completed
    GPA: 3.86 (currently 3.88)

Side Notes: Not very impressive extra-curricular. TA for physics here at CC for over a year. Experience working as mechanic fixing construction tools/equipment.