Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

waitlist acceptance rate

dynamicstudentdynamicstudent Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited February 2013 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
what percentage of waitlist applicants are accepted to slo?
Post edited by dynamicstudent on

Replies to: waitlist acceptance rate

• AppleteamAppleteam Posts: 174Registered User Junior Member
    It all depends. It sucks because you have to wait until after may 1st (decision deadline) to find out if you have a chance which means you need to turn down all of your other colleges.

I would assume the percentage varies per year because more people are applying and the ones that are accepted which don't decide to attend are replaced by people on the waitlist. Sorry I couldn't give a better answer
  • NaniwaJinNaniwaJin Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    "Common Data Set 2010, 2011, 2012"
    Common Data Set - Office of Institutional Planning & Analysis - Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo

1) 2012
    Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 2,555
    Number of wait-listed students admitted: 1,064

2) 2011
    Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 642
    Number of wait-listed students admitted: 49

3)2010
    Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 1,746
    Number of wait-listed students admitted: 31
  • codywillcodywill Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Wow, huge differences every year. Oh Cal Poly, why must you be so hard to predict?
  • 55555555 Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
    Has anyone received the survey to fill out for wait listing?

The 2012 %'s are a little off because this is the year they accepted less at first because of the budget cuts. Once the budget passed they were able to add more. I think the others are more accurate. Unfortunately!
  • warlands719warlands719 Posts: 499Registered User Member
    Do we seriously have to wait until may 1st until they tell us? What is this madness?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CC
  • stp1972stp1972 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    Best wishes to waitlisters. FWIW, I suspect the low apparent eventual acceptance rate off the waitlist gross ( say less than 8% in 2011) is misleading. That is to say, some portion of that gross will have opted out of waiting, leaving the end number of active candidates rather smaller, and thus the net acceptance rate more optimistic for those who wait to the May finish. How *much* better the net acceptance rate is we can only speculate.
  • AppleteamAppleteam Posts: 174Registered User Junior Member
    A lot of people will probalbly respond before May 1st so if you are high up in the waitlist you have a chance