Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UC Application Essay

christiansvenchristiansven Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2010 in California Colleges
Background information:
i am currently a junior in high school. i am an above average student with a 4.25 gpa, i take honors and ap courses. i am taking the sat in november, i got a 200 on the psat.

For my application essay i was thinking of writing on a event that impacted my life, socially and academically. However, i am not sure if it is acceptable for a college application. So, i was just wondering if i could get any ideas on whether or not this would be approved of at UCs.

Summary
In the spring of my sophomore year i began to party, and this was reflected in my grades . I ended up consuming too much alcohol at one party, and an ambulance was called. I had alcohol poisoning. I spent the entire night in the ER not sure what was going on. My mother had been there all night, and sadly it was mothers day.

Then i would just continue to write how this had a positive impact because i have chosen to never drink or party again. Also, this can reflected in my grades because they have quite obviously improven.

So, yeah that's basically the gist of the essay.

Would this be a good idea or not?
Post edited by christiansven on

Replies to: UC Application Essay

• sopranomom92sopranomom92 Registered User Posts: 1,339 Senior Member
    My first reaction is that it is not a good idea. Find something else, the UC app is quite wide open as to subject matter for the essay. Just my opinion--talk to your guidance counselor.
  • LaertiesLaerties Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    I think its a great topic. I plan on writing MY UC essay on how becoming a pimp changed my view of women. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.