Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cal Poly SLO or CSU Chico?

CppugaCppuga Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited July 2011 in California Colleges
Iv'e been accepted to both but am having trouble choosing which one to go to. Both seem to be pretty good schools and I can't really find any determining factor to choose a college. The only plus that I have for Chico is that it is much closer to my girlfriends college(UC davis) but other than that I am still pretty confused. Can anyone help me choose? cons and pros of both?
Post edited by Cppuga on

Replies to: Cal Poly SLO or CSU Chico?

• CppugaCppuga Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    bump bump please help?
  • vballmomvballmom Posts: 3,129Super Moderator Senior Member
    What's your major? If you're studying engineering, go to Cal Poly SLO.
  • CppugaCppuga Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    biology major
  • hesdjjimhesdjjim Posts: 561Registered User Member
    Go to SLO.
  • zabdullahzabdullah Posts: 63Registered User Junior Member
    SLO is a really good school, but their biology dropout rate is 40% the first year. Maybe not the best biology department. But it is head and shoulders better than Chico.
  • AsTranAsTran Posts: 372Registered User Member
    I'd recommend Cal Poly SLO as a friend of mines goes there and tells me the environment and courses are great (not sure about a biology major though). If the only plus is to go to Chico because of your relation with your girlfriend is the problem, then I wouldn't consider Chico at all. You can always manage to work things out and eventually meet after each semester is over with. Good Luck!
  • Jared53Jared53 Posts: 216Registered User Junior Member
    Chico?! Really man? In almost every way shape and form Cal Poly beats Chico.
  • JeSuisJeSuis Posts: 1,924Registered User Senior Member
    As someone who lives in Chico, I'm gonna vouch for Cal Poly.