Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Social life at Caltech?

QuantumArbiterQuantumArbiter Posts: 599- Member
I'm not happy with my social life at school. Probably because the environment isn't really great. Very few people share my interest in science and math...the intellectual/chill character.

No one calls me to hang out, I end up starting conversations with anyone I meet, and its usually brief or boring.

I had a great time at COSMOS though. I'm not sure if I'm the problem...anyways, two questions popped up:

1) Does the environment affect social life of an individual.
2) Does social life get better at college? Caltech?
Post edited by QuantumArbiter on

Replies to: Social life at Caltech?

• KamikazewaveKamikazewave Posts: 874Registered User Member
    The good thing is that at Caltech everyone has to love math/science. Those that don't usually end up transferring.

1. Yes, to a degree. Some people are downers wherever they are, while other people are always able to get things going. But for most people in the middle, environment is a large factor.

2. Depends how your social life was earlier. Caltech's a lot of work, so for some, it'll be a worse social life than in high school, while for others, who may not have found people who shared their interests in high school, Caltech would offer a much better social life.
  • lizzardfirelizzardfire Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    I'm tired of Caltech's social life after three and a half years, but it is still way better than high school. My high school was full of idiots.
  • selter01selter01 Posts: 468Registered User Member
    you're tired of the social life? how so?

it's non existent.. or?