Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SAT for canadian universities

ohhmygodohhmygod Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2011 in Canada
I read SAT scores are not required for getting into canadian universities.
but does that mean , really no university at all needs those ?
and even if they don't , will submitting a good SAT score enhance my chances even though they don't need it ?
thanks.
Post edited by ohhmygod on

Replies to: SAT for canadian universities

• lordfarquaadlordfarquaad Posts: 342Registered User Junior Member
    I would like to know this as well, as a Canadian citizen that is.
  • fallenmercfallenmerc Posts: 341Registered User Member
    If you've been educated in Canada, SAT's aren't required. If you submit them, I doubt they'd even notice...

otherwise, it's just to make sure you know enough english to be able to learn in english.
  • HaagendazHaagendaz Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Hi,
    are SATs required if i am an applicant form india applying to McGill university?
  • AnniehahaAnniehaha Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    None canadian universities require SATs, regardless of where you are applying from. Including them might help, but don't count on them for any majors boosts they are full-on American
  • EcceHomoEcceHomo Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    Applicants from the United States of America

Candidates who have completed Grade 12 from an accredited high school with a high grade point average and good scores on the SAT Reasoning Test or ACT (including the Writing Test) results, and a minimum of two SAT Subject Tests or AP or IB scores (or combination thereof covering two different subjects). Transfer credit is awarded for several Advanced Placement tests with scores of 4 or 5.
    Admission Requirements

Anniehaha, you're wrong.
  • AnniehahaAnniehaha Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    I was not aware that American students were required the SATs. What about Canadian students studying HS abroad??
  • EcceHomoEcceHomo Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    It has nothing to do with nationality, as long as your schooling is outside of Canada, you are required to write a standardized test.