Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

best unis for med in canada?

wissam25wissam25 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
edited September 2013 in Canada
i am currently a freshman and want to apply to unis in Canada. ive done lots of research but just want to know the best ones out there.
Post edited by wissam25 on

Replies to: best unis for med in canada?

• NamelesStatisticNamelesStatistic Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    For medical school? Probably the University of Toronto, it is ridiculously hard to get into though. I read that the Toronto medical school only has a !0% acceptance rate (Ontario medical schools have a 22% acceptance rate). Also for Ontario I have herd good things about McMaster having a very innovative medical program. McGill in Montreal also has a strong reputation, although for your senior year are two where you work in a hospital, you need to have a working understanding of French.

Be aware though you generally need to complete a bachelor's degree and score at least a 3.7 in your undergad to have a chance to get into most Canadian medical schools, as well as complete the MCAT (except for McGill which was forced to drop the MCAT as a requirement by the Quebec government because it does not offer a french version and although McGill is english, the province of Quebec is primarily french speaking).
This discussion has been closed.