Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Tranfer acceptance rate at CMU

Bieu203Bieu203 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2006 in Carnegie Mellon University
First question-How is the Economics and Business schools at CMU for Undergrads?

Second question-How is the transfer acceptance rate?
Post edited by Bieu203 on

Replies to: Tranfer acceptance rate at CMU

• AcceptedAlreadyAcceptedAlready Posts: 2,634Registered User Senior Member
    1. Uh.. amazing?
    2. Depends on space. Almost 100% for early transfers and harder as you go on due to space.
  • lkf725lkf725 Posts: 4,781Registered User Senior Member
    I think Bieu203 is talking about transferring from another university, not from another school from within CMU.
  • ThinkDifferentThinkDifferent Posts: 491Registered User Member
    Getting into any top-tier school as a transfer applicant is hard. You need to have something that'll really make you stand out, even if you're transferring from another top-tier school.
  • AcceptedAlreadyAcceptedAlready Posts: 2,634Registered User Senior Member
    Tepper does not allow external transfer ( from other colleges) though HSS does and you can transfer to Econ and then either stay there or transfer to Tepper. However if you aren't transferring in your freshman year I would say forget it since if you are in your junior year the Tepper transfer will be almost impossible.
  • Bieu203Bieu203 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Tepper is the school of Business I would assume
  • Princess23Princess23 Posts: 114Registered User Junior Member
    yes...tepper is the business school...where are you considering transfering from? any particular reason?
  • Bieu203Bieu203 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Im transferring from UCONN because I didn't get into my first tier choices so UCONN was my best choice so now I'm trying to get into a better school although UCONN is not bad. (I won't use that as my reason for transferring when writting to these colleges lol)
  • gatoradegatorade Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
    you can't transfer from outside into tepper. check the website.