03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
| | Decision: Accepted Stats:
- SAT I: 670R/740M/630W 2040 total
- SAT IIs: MathII 780; Chemistry 760; USHistory 720
- ACT: 34
- GPA: 4.89, 3.95 unweighted
- Rank: 4/572
- Other stats: AP Chem (5), AP US Hist (4), taking AP Physics, AP Calc BC, AP English, and AP Spanish
- Essays: I'm not the best writer, but I tried to present the true me (it sounds cliche, but it was better in writing. I swear.)
- Extracirriculars: Speech & Debate (3years, varsity+officer, state-level debate, national alternate); NHS (3 years, secretary, director of multiple fundraisers); Academic Team (4 years, varsity, conference champs); Band, Marching Band, Clarinet (4 years, went to Midwest Clinic, Semis at Grand Nationals, state contest every year)
- Teacher Recs: I'd venture to say they were really good. I picked amazing teachers to vouch for me.
- Counselor Rec: He's the father of one of my best friends. It worked out well.
- Hook (if any): Woman in engineering, active leadership, lived in many places (Finland, NY, etc.)
- State or Country: Ohio
- School Type: Public
- Ethnicity: Asian (go figure)
- Gender: Female
- Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: strengths (academic vigor, leadership, well-rounded, dedicated, ACTs, SATIIs); weaknesses (SAT score, no sports, writing skills)
- Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: Impressive courseload with many extracurriculars; well-rounded student with many interests (science nerd who loves public speaking...); leadership positions; active involvement; high ACT score
I have talked with admissions counselors a few times. General Comments/ Congratulations/ Venting/ Commiserations,etc:
Congrats to everybody who has been accepted! I am so excited that I got in! I got the Presidents Scholarship of $20,800 and I was designated a finalist for the Ohio Leadership Awards Program. I'm going up on March 31 for an interview.