Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Acceptance letters

i<3UCLAi<3UCLA Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Chapman University
if anyone actually reads this....when do acceptance letters come out? late march/early april like everywhere else?
Post edited by i<3UCLA on

Replies to: Acceptance letters

• AnoelAnoel Posts: 291Registered User Junior Member
    I just asked an admissions officer by email and they said they start sending them out in March, last date is March 28.
  • MikeYanks22MikeYanks22 Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    i applied regular decision and recieved my acceptance letter on monday of this week
  • i&amp;lt;3UCLAi&lt;3UCLA Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    wow really? congrats! do you know if this is typical? what were your stats like?
    When did you apply, like what month? Congrats though :)
  • MikeYanks22MikeYanks22 Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    i applied in december my stats:

-Class president
    -National Honor roll
    -620 v 590m 620 wr sats
    -amazing ec's including president of drama club, baseball team, over 350 hours of community service
    -writer/director for student performed one acts
    -60k's a year household income (maybe a little more or less but its somewhere around there)
    -new yorker from nationally ranked high school (used to be in top 10 but i'm not sure of the # now, school does not rank either)
    -3.5 out of 4 uw gpa (not including senior year, where i'm pulling a 4)
    -6 or 7 ap classes (recieved AP Scholar Award as well)
  • i&amp;lt;3UCLAi&lt;3UCLA Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    haha so i get a large envelope from Chapman today, and got really excited b/c some people have already been admitted and i thought it was an acceptance letter. well...i open it and it turns out to be just an application confirmation w/financial aid info. so to everyone out there, a large envelope from Chapman is not necessarily an acceptance letter...dont get too excited if you get one, at least not yet...
  • JackBauerPowerHourJackBauerPowerHour Posts: 355Registered User Member
    My friend got accepted a week ago. Her stats aren't that good but she's an extremely talented musician.
  • drum87drum87 Posts: 116Registered User Junior Member
    they're extremly behind

they're about 1/3 done with the applicant pool

be prepared for a bit of a longer than usual haul
    How do you know that?

Wish they'd hurry up with my app though, I really want to know if I got in.
    I'm sure you all mostly have heard.

My dad works in admissions at Chapman.

If you really care, you can look at my user name, and find it's apart of the last name of someone who signs MOST of the mail you get...

You might not have heard yet if you applied for a special program (like film). I think they're back on track now... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!
  • MongooserMongooser Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Hey Drum** :D

Just had my phone interview for Film, nice to hear from someone (truly) on the inside. Hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks.
    haha! nice job... that was quick!

honestly, if you guys have any problems or questions, I will forward them to my dad and I'm sure he'll answer them asap! As long as they aren't questions like "did I get in"...
  • LateNightBustLateNightBust Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    Is the last possible date to receive our letter the 31st? Btw I applied for advertising in the film school.
  • NerdyUSCgurlNerdyUSCgurl Posts: 362Registered User Member
    How much weight do they put on if you're a minority?
  • Lilly1234Lilly1234 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    ok soo i just saw my admission decision was mailed now i thought it was kind of early is that a good or bad sign? I'm super nervous....