College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I'm a Premed and will be a Bio or a Psych major and have some questions.
1. How comfortable would an Asian male be at Claremont McKenna? Obviously no one's going to be racist, but Claremont Mckenna seems to have little diversity (~12% Asians, ~4% AA, etc.) and I am worried how that will translate in terms of social life.
2. Does Claremont McKenna have grade inflation? As a premed I'm going to need the highest GPA possible.
3. Are research opportunities available for all who want them regardless of one's grades/majors/etc.?
4. Are most classes discussion/socratic seminar type style classes? I'm not anti-social or anything, but I'm not the most talkative guy either and having to talk a lot is something that makes me a bit uncomfortable (I like listening to lectures).
5. How's the social/dating life?
I know these are a lot of questions, but I'm seriously stuck between Claremont McKenna and Vanderbilt/USC and having answers to these questions will help me choose. Thanks in advance to those who answer!