Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Party Scene...Need ADVICE PLEASE :) from current students

UnsureProspeeUnsureProspee Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited April 2008 in Claremont McKenna College
so I got accepted, did an overnight, and am stoked about CMC but one concern is the partying. Its good to have fun but it seemed to me like alcohol was a huge part of the culture there, and I know that in college 'peer pressures' arent a big issue but I am personally not a partyer and would rather hang out, board games, go dancing, or be active...so the question for current students is-would CMC be the right place in that area?
I know of the substance free dorms but i wanted to know if there is a portion of the population of the 1000 undergrads who share the same 'lifestyle' and "sense of self" to not get wasted all the time (not to say I wouldnt join in the parties occasionally, but I know I am not gonna be one to get drunk every weekend after a stressful week)...
Would love any input thank you!
Post edited by UnsureProspee on

Replies to: Party Scene...Need ADVICE PLEASE :) from current students

• nippleheadnipplehead Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    well, i'm pretty big on the drinking, so i'm probably not the best person to answer your question.

that said, theres someone elected each year who runs dry events; so karaoke, movies, twister, etc are all thrown on friday nights and stuff like that and they're dry.

it's true that many of the students like to party hard; but there's definitely a large number of students that don't party often, especially in the south quad dorms.