Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Any EA decisions yet?

early_collegeearly_college Posts: 2,825Registered User Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Clark University
On the website, it says Early December but on another part of their website it says Mid-December. I called and first they said Mid-December, but then they said it could be any day now. Has anyone heard anything, any likely letters? I read that last year they sent them out, but nothing sent to me yet. How much emphasis does Clark put on the SAT? I know they're going SAT Optional next year, but will that have any affect on this years applicants? I read last year people found out December 20th, so maybe it will be the same.
Post edited by early_college on

Replies to: Any EA decisions yet?

• ClarkU2016ClarkU2016 Posts: 96Registered User Junior Member
    I found out that I got in when I had a Clark Conversation a few weeks ago, but we aren't supposed to get any formal notification until December 15th.
    I'm really hoping for the M.A.D. scholarship, but I'm still really excited that I got in!
  • early_collegeearly_college Posts: 2,825Registered User Senior Member
    Congrats! I never had a Clark Conversation because I was in a one act competition play at the time of the interview. But this was offered in Georgia in October!
  • BlackRose101BlackRose101 Posts: 1,885Registered User Member
    Clark is one of top 4 schools.

I did not know that decisions would be out so soon.

EA applicant, still waiting.

and congrats ClarkU2016
  • eckbadnereckbadner Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I like FREAKING OUT Clark is one of my favorite schools of all time. I really just want to hear already!!!!! I am so confused through r were getting it in the mail or email cause read the thing and just wasn't sure. I hope i can go to school with all of u!
  • ClarkU2016ClarkU2016 Posts: 96Registered User Junior Member
    We are supposed to get an email to let us know when our decision is online, and then get something in the mail later. We should be getting the email any day now!
    I haven't heard anything yet... :(
    I just emailed admissions, EA decisions will be released today at 5PM. OMG!!! I wish everyone good luck! :)
  • ILOVEFEDERERILOVEFEDERER Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    Wait- what?? For everyone?
    I just got deferred from one of my top choices, so I hope this works out.
    Yep! Same, Clark is one of my top 5 schools! I will be very upset if I don't get admitted. I just hope my SAT scores aren't the reason why, I wish Clark was going SAT Optional this year.
    Oh I'm the opposite haha! I'm worried about my gpa but my test scores are great. They seem to place a lot more emphasis on gpa though.
    I hope my race will be an advantage though...I'm Asian (Indian) so this hurts me at most schools, but it may help me here.
  • BlackRose101BlackRose101 Posts: 1,885Registered User Member
    I'm not really worried. If it's meant to happen then yaaa!!! If not, then i'll survive :/
    Anyone hear back yet?
    Accepted with 12,000 a year :)
  • merlinmerlin Posts: 243Registered User Junior Member
    ILOVEFED., congrats! I hope you love Clark as much as Federer and as much as my S loves Clark.
    BTW, S is an underwhelmed sort, but he is in his second year at Clark and remains enthusiastic.

Best karma to all who are waiting to hear.
    Thank you so much! I am excited to be admitted, and also excited about the free masters program Clark offers.
    What does your son say about Clark? Any positives/negatives?