Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Class of 2013 Coca Cola Scholars Semifinalists

princessroiprincessroi Posts: 25Registered User New Member
edited December 2013 in Coca Cola Scholarship
Calm down, nothing has happened yet! I just would really love to know when they are released as it will be sometime ideally this week, by next week for sure. Although it's very competitive, I'd like a piece of mind knowing whether or not I'm advancing. So if anyone hears anything, I guess post it here and we'll see where it takes us!

Good luck, but as my teacher says "You don't need luck, you have knowledge." :)
Post edited by princessroi on

Replies to: Class of 2013 Coca Cola Scholars Semifinalists

• DreamChaser2013DreamChaser2013 Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    haha you scared me for a moment!

Do you remember if they asked for SAT/ACT scores? I did really well on the ACT but got the score in November...
  • neil29902neil29902 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I spoke to coca cola today. Everyone who entered will get an e-mail next week informing you whether or not you are a semi finalist. Also, all semifinalist will receive a letter in the mail.
  • princessroiprincessroi Posts: 25Registered User New Member
    I'm pretty sure they didn't ask about scores. neil29902 awesome! Thanks for the updated info!
  • Poskey123Poskey123 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Hey, does anyone know if Coke will send emails to everyone who applied? Or will they send them to just the semi-finalists?
    They told me everyone will get an email that applied. Only semi finalists will get a letter in the mail.
  • Moiz1295Moiz1295 Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    But Neil, weren't they supposed to come out on the 1st? Now it's coming out next week?
  • raquelzraquelz Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    You scared me there for a second, I was just wondering the same thing. Thanks to whoever called coca cola :)
    Because of the storm Sandy they kept the application period open until Nov. 9. I guess this pushed back the notification date. You are welcome for the call. They were very nice on the phone.
  • letmetellyouletmetellyou Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Hi! I'm the 2012 Coca Cola Scholar, and I wish all of you the best luck. Check the Coca Cola Scholar Facebook page because they update very frequently. Regarding the notification date, it says:

Update: Notifications will be sent via email to everyone who submitted an application by December 14. Since we extended the deadline, it's taking a bit longer than planned. Thanks for your patience!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Cens10Cens10 Posts: 732Registered User Member
    Thanks for this thread. It's keeping me at least slightly sane :D
  • McKinsterMcKinster Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    Well, hearing that we still have possibly a week until we find out makes me feel better!
  • 007math007math Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
    Does anyone know how many become semifinalists? I read online that over 110,000 seniors applied for the scholarship.
  • iambenkiambenk Posts: 410Registered User Junior Member
    Around 2200 did last year, or at least I've read that number in a couple places
  • chillin2013chillin2013 Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
    does anyone know what time they'll be emailing us? thanks for the information! excited/anxious to see what happens friday
  • socialdramamamasocialdramamama Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Semifinalist!!!! Just got email!!!