Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is this B.S. worth to finish if I want go to Psychology Grad school?

sillinesssilliness Posts: 82Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2010 in College Admissions
So, i am European student - medicine.
While i was googling the cheapest colleges :D, i found this 2010 - 2011 Undergraduate Catalog | BS in Physiology and Developmental Biology

... it's very weird because i never found some major that is SO CLOSE match with all the courses I took in Med school in Europe.
I guess 80% overlap, I'd be able to finish it very soon I suppose.

So, is it worth it, is it possible to get into not-bad psychology grad school after this?
I am confused with all this that you can go to almost any grad school after any major. And there isnt any courses overlap with psych major

I mean i dont want to go to US, finish that and than not be able to get into psych grad school.

:/
Post edited by silliness on

Replies to: Is this B.S. worth to finish if I want go to Psychology Grad school?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 19,570Registered User Senior Member
    Since you are interested in pursuing graduate work in psychology, you should be reading the graduate school catalogues. What are the requirements for entering the type of program that you want? Then, you need to identify undergraduate programs that would prepare you for that particular kind of graduate program. You are correct that it may not be necessary to pursue an undergraduate degree in psychology in order to enter a graduate program in that field. What will matter more is the specific coursework, your grades in those courses, your letters of recommendation from your professors, any related research or work experience, and any publications.

You also should contact any specific graduate schools that you are interested in. Many will admit you to a graduate program in biological sciences or psychology after you have completed your foreign medical degree. In a few rare cases, you may be able to enter graduate school directly without completing your current course of studies.