Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Early Action for Georgetown University?

DaisyB2010DaisyB2010 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
edited November 2010 in College Admissions
Hi All,

I applied Early Action to Georgetown earlier this month and was wondering when I would most likely hear back. This is directed mostly to those who have applied previously Early Action to Georgetown or know someone who has.

Thanks!
Post edited by DaisyB2010 on

Replies to: Early Action for Georgetown University?

• drusbadrusba Posts: 7,806Registered User Senior Member
    Cannot say for Georgetown exactly but usually you can find notification date on-line and EA schools generally notify you on a date around mid-December.
  • smorgasbordsmorgasbord Posts: 1,803Registered User Member
    December 15th
  • iceskater515iceskater515 Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    I am also applying Early Action to Georgetown this year, and was wondering if anyone knew if Georgetown notifies its applicants of their status via email or snail mail. Do they have a portal? If so, when is the login information sent out? If they notify through snail mail, does it come on December 15? Thanks!
  • charlieschmcharlieschm Posts: 4,282Registered User Senior Member
    Prepare yourself: large numbers of applicants get deferred from the early app stage to regular decision. Some of those get in during the regular cycle.
  • DaisyB2010DaisyB2010 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Understandably.
  • iceskater515iceskater515 Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    charlieschm--Georgetown does not reject anyone who applies Early Action, so by default the 80% or so who are not accepted Early Action are deferred to Regular Decision.