Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Lafayette College Supplement Essay!

FranceskaXhFranceskaXh Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2010 in College Admissions
Lafayette C. is driving me mad!
It has so muuuuch essays to write. Anyway, there is this assignment:

Imagine it is the eve of your graduation from Lafayette and you are reading what the yearbook says about the impact you have had on the college during your four years as a student. What might the yearbook say?

I don't even know what a year book is! We don't use such things in my country(I am from Albania). Does anyone know what a normal person can write at a YEAR BOOK? I have searched Google but nothing!
Post edited by FranceskaXh on

Replies to: Lafayette College Supplement Essay!

• captaincluelesscaptainclueless Posts: 361Registered User Member
    A yearbook is simply a book that students buy at the end of the school year. It has student portraits, candid shots, club descriptions&members, pictures of events like Halloween, homecoming, spirit days, etc. I am applying to Lafayette as well and I think the question is a bit off, because most of the time yearbooks won't talk about one specific person and how they contributed to the school/community...the question is a little bit of a stretch. But basically, if the yearbook did have that sort of thing, I would imagine it would just discuss what the student did for the school. What I did was write about 2 paragraphs about how I was going to contribute to Lafayette. If I were you, I'd go to Lafayette's website, find a list of clubs and organizations they have, and find ones of interest to you. Then, write about how in addition to your academic success in Lafayette, you will be active members in these clubs, contributing a lot of your time and effort to both the school and the surrounding community. I think that more or less that is along the lines of what they are looking for--what will you do at Lafayette other than just going to class?

Hope that helps.
  • FranceskaXhFranceskaXh Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
    thanx, I finally finished the essay too!!!!!!
    good luck with the admission