Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What does "Print" mean?

dabaichidabaichi Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2011 in College Admissions
In some forms, some items ask to "print" your name, address, etc. What does this mean? 1. using a computer to type; 2. to write without joining the letters together; 3. to write in capitals. Which one is correct?
Post edited by dabaichi on

Replies to: What does "Print" mean?

• Got2BeGreenGot2BeGreen Posts: 497Registered User Member
    Assuming you are filling out a paper form (and not one online), then "print" means to write without joining the letters. The letters do not have to be all capitals. In this context, printing is opposed to writing in cursive.
  • LasMaLasMa Posts: 6,634Registered User Senior Member
    IMO using all capital letters would be acceptable too, if that's your style. When a form asks you to "Print", usually what they're concerned about is legibility. Make sure everything is very clear, and be neat. :)
  • dabaichidabaichi Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you all!
    @Got2BeGreen:This is a PDF file. Then I have additional question: should I edit them by using PDF editor or print out and then write in handwriting?
    Thanks a lot!
  • itsmylife99itsmylife99 Posts: 877Registered User Member
    Well, I printed my forms and then hand-wrote them. But some of my more assiduous friends used a pdf editor. Either way is fine.
    I see. Thank you, itsmylife99!
  • SandroRodriguesSandroRodrigues Posts: 683Registered User Member
    Same as having Caps Lock on :)
    You mean "print" means having Caps Lock on?
  • LasMaLasMa Posts: 6,634Registered User Senior Member
    No. In this context, "Print" means... print legibly. By hand. On the form.