Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCSB rescinding my admissions

ShaylanShaylan Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited July 2011 in College Admissions
Here it is, another thread regarding the possibility of being rescinded by our dream school.

I'll try to keep it short and simple:
How likely is it that my admissions to UCSB will be rescinded if I receive a "D" grade in one of my courses? Unfortunately, this class was a part of the A-G requirements, but I still maintained a 3.5+ GPA. I've e-mailed admissions and tried calling quite a few times but have not received a reply.

Any advice or opinion is appreciated! The suspense is killing me...
Post edited by Shaylan on

Replies to: UCSB rescinding my admissions

• IndianOptimistIndianOptimist Posts: 196Registered User Junior Member
    Outlook isn't great. I've had friends who've had admissions rescinded from UCLA for C's but then again all the UCs are different. Probably a good idea to send them a letter explaining the situation.
  • ChrisseyCChrisseyC Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    yes, send a letter and do it immediately. dont call a thousand times, thats one of the worst things you can do. admissions people are extremely busy this time of year.

if you want, i am a transfer student at risk of being rescinded....message me and ill send you my letter as an example

unfortunately i agree with the person above me, i dont see sunshine and flowers ahead of you. can you retake the course this summer?