Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Any other college student never had a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Blake199020Blake199020 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
edited September 2011 in College Admissions
I'm a straight male and I turn 21 next week and I've never had a girlfriend. It's not my fault either, I just have very bad luck. I'm the type who approaches girls, very self-confident and I'm nice, and I can be a little cocky but I consider myself perfect dating material.

Any other college student never dated on here?
Post edited by Blake199020 on

Replies to: Any other college student never had a girlfriend/boyfriend?

  • ShannonEntropyShannonEntropy Posts: 64- Junior Member
    Not to make you feel any more despondent and insecure than you already do , Blake , but read =>

    Economy of sex: It's cheap these days - Washington Times
  • Blake199020Blake199020 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    ShannonEntropy: I'm not insecure at all lol. But no thanks, I won't be buying sex.
  • floridadad55floridadad55 Posts: 2,262Registered User Senior Member
    Don't worry about not having a girlfriend.

    Take this advice from an old guy.

    I had no girlfriends in college. I did only slightly better in graduate school.

    But then, when I was 23, and got out into the work world (I lived in Chicago), I did great, and the older I got, the better I did.

    I just wanted to give you a little long term perspective on this issue.
  • capenn15capenn15 Posts: 560Registered User Member
    I don't think it's a big deal. But I find this comment strange:
    It's not my fault either, I just have very bad luck. I'm the type who approaches girls, very self-confident and I'm nice, and I can be a little cocky but I consider myself perfect dating material.

    It's like you're saying "it's not me, it's them." LOL.
  • NervusBreakdownNervusBreakdown Posts: 849Registered User Member
    you must be bonkers to think that all of the thousands and thousands and thousands of guys in college have had a girlfriend. i don't think that's statistically probable.
  • ShannonEntropyShannonEntropy Posts: 64- Junior Member
    you must be bonkers to think that all of the thousands and thousands and thousands of guys in college have had a girlfriend. i don't think that's statistically probable.

    I can see why yer 'nervous' , N/B .... yer living in the wrong decade. You must have gone to school back in the '70s

    Nowadays, women FAR outnumber men on campus. At my university [ Brown ] women are 52% of the student body. That means 48% are men

    And speaking of Statistics: if you know anything about gambling, you know that if you play any game with a 4% house advantage, well, you might as well just mail your money in to them

    For more on this topic , see =>

    Does A Skewed Gender Ratio at College Turn Girls Into Sluts? | Daily Gazette

    & On College Campuses, a Shortage of Men - NYTimes.com
  • Blake199020Blake199020 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    capenn15: That's exactly what I'm saying.
  • Blake199020Blake199020 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    NervusBreakdown: Of course, it is ridiculous to think 100% of college males have had a girlfriend(I've never had one, and I know two other guys who haven't) but I wouldn't doubt roughly 90% of college students have been in a relationship. The other 10% have bad luck.
Sign In or Register to comment.