Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best/Worst Admission/Rejection Letters

sydney_bristow87sydney_bristow87 Posts: 1,199Registered User Member
edited January 14 in College Admissions
UMD (university of michigan dearborn) definately has the best admissions package I've ever seen - there's a freaking free t-shirt.

Anyone else get anything awesome with their acceptance letter... or get an insanely mean rejection letter?
Post edited by sydney_bristow87 on

Replies to: Best/Worst Admission/Rejection Letters

• spikemomspikemom Posts: 678Registered User Member
    Rutgers sends a really expensive looking black folder with a gold embossed seal of the college on it, and along with a lot of written info, a fancy "Certificate of Acceptance".
  • ticklemepinkticklemepink Posts: 2,764Registered User Senior Member
    Stanford has the worst letter of rejection. I cried for two days and cried again like three months later when I read it again.

On the other hand, Brown has the BEST rejection letter. I felt very comforted.

Colgate, hands down, has the best admissions letter because the dean of admissions writes a personal note to you.
  • Lord AsquithLord Asquith Posts: 247Registered User Junior Member
    :eek:
    Wow, what kind of thing could Stanford possibly say that would be so devastating? I better watch out now...
  • tkb6tkb6 Posts: 286Registered User Junior Member
    Dartmouth has a certificate type thing (and I think it's hand-signed by the dean of admissions, though it could be an incredibly convincing copy) and a free bumper sticker. Not a T-shirt, but then again, we have a class of 2010 website already.
  • Motormouth512Motormouth512 Posts: 164Registered User Junior Member
    I liked Rutgers' acceptance packet too. It was a really nice folder. The certificate was a nice touch also.
  • firewalkerfirewalker Posts: 2,409- Senior Member
    lol @ these vivid descriptions :)
  • parikhsparikhs Posts: 1,607Registered User Senior Member
    firewalker how was NYU's admission package?
  • ohio_momohio_mom Posts: 4,045Registered User Senior Member
    Carleton had a decent wait list letter.
  • pacific_fleetpacific_fleet Posts: 242Registered User Junior Member
    could you post the exact text of the stanford reject letter?
  • kchenkchen Posts: 4,236Registered User Senior Member
    the stanford rejection letter had a misspelling of a word.
  • onedayoneday Posts: 518Registered User Member
    ^ That's kinda sad..
  • kchenkchen Posts: 4,236Registered User Senior Member
    yeaah. the misspelled word was director. they spelled it "dirctor."
  • dukeclassof09dukeclassof09 Posts: 477Registered User Member
    All of my acceptance letters were basic with nothing personal or unique, except for one of my safety schools (there was a personal note). Cornell had the best and most informative acceptance package.

Yale's rejection letter was the worst - short and cold. Stanford's seemed average to me, but I didn't read it carefully since I had already made my decision by the time it arrived.

Harvard's rejection letter was the best, but the deferral letter wasn't great. On the rejection, they were nice enough to say that whether you are accepted or rejected is not necessarily a true indicator of your future success/potential.
  • parikhsparikhs Posts: 1,607Registered User Senior Member
    and duke > harvard...woot go blue devils!
  • fiddlefrogfiddlefrog Posts: 1,219Registered User Senior Member
    Bard's acceptance letter was AMAZING.
    Vanderbilt's was also very nice, for the Blair School.
    Yale's deferral letter was lengthy-- as if compensating for the disappointment. The rejection letter four months later was of course much worse.