Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Does an essay need a title?

jennielingjennieling Posts: 339Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
I have finished my long CA essay and am working on my one college supplement essay. I just realized that I have not yet given them titles. What do you all think? Should I put a title on the long CA essay and on my 300 word college supplement essay? Please let me know what you all are doing. Thanks!
Post edited by jennieling on

Replies to: Does an essay need a title?

• kurzkurz Posts: 302Registered User Member
    No....not unless you think it will add to your essay...
  • jennielingjennieling Posts: 339Registered User Member
    Thanks a lot, Kurz. What is everyone else doing? Also no title? i saw a book about college essays at Barnes and Noble. It had essays from kids who got into top colleges. The essays in that book had titles. I would rather skip the title than make some "cutesy" title. What does everyone else think on titles?
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 15,238Registered User Senior Member
    I imagine that essay book editor created the titles to make it more reader-friendly or more memorable. In reality: no titles.
  • jennielingjennieling Posts: 339Registered User Member
    Thanks a lot, T26E4. I appreciate your answering my question. I think I'd rather just let the essay stand on its own and not have to think up a creative title, so I'm glad that you said that! :)