Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Question about UC/CSU a-g requirements

CrispyJuicyCrispyJuicy Posts: 9Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
Okay guys I have a 3.45 CSU/UC gpa and a 3.05 cummulative 4.0 gpa, 1530 SAT score 550CR/540Math/450W and I will be taking my ACT in dec hopefully getting 27+! Anyways, my situation is a little different than most people. I did not take my freshmen and sophmore year as seriously as I should. I got 4 Ds. Here are the classes and the semesters
Freshmen year
Geometry Sem 1: D Sem 2: A+
Spanish 1 Sem 1: D Sem 2: C
Soph Year
Ap Bio Sem 1: C- Sem 2: D+
Spanish 2: Sem 1: C Sem 2: D

Now obviously I don't have A-G... yet. According to my counselor I will be by the end of my sr. year. and can still get into a school unless I fail some classes. I took precalculus and she told me that precalculus takes care of all your math A-G and it doesn't matter what I got in anything else as long as I passed it, and I did with 2 A's ! She also said for spanish as long as I take spanish 3 and pass with C's or better I will be good for foreign language and I currently have a B+! My counselor said we only need one year of life science so I need to take physiology and pass with C's or better and I currently have an A-.

I trust my counselor but I want to make sure. I will be calling the CSU offices tomorrow and I wanted some opinions online! The schools I am hoping for are either CSULB or SDSU
Post edited by CrispyJuicy on

Replies to: Question about UC/CSU a-g requirements