Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Jan SAT for fall 2013 admissions/financial aid

horrace95horrace95 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
Hi, I'm planning to take my SAT's again in Jan for my fall 2013 admissions.

This should be okay, right, cause I have a 2030 score now and wanna get a higher score for financial aid opportunities. Colleges would still consider it, right?

What do you think?

Thanks (:
Post edited by horrace95 on

Replies to: Jan SAT for fall 2013 admissions/financial aid

• quiverfoxquiverfox Posts: 888Registered User Member
    same question I have I have 2050, good SAT2 scores and math on sat I got 750. Will it harm me If I continue with 2050 or do I need to look at December/Jan. They will be my last attempts.
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,872Registered User Senior Member
    As to OPs question, a Jan score may be considered (a) at a large number of colleges for admission because they actually accept the Jan test even though app deadline may be early Jan (however an equally large number require testing be done by Dec if you want test considered for admission), (b) for scholarship programs even if test is too late for consideration in admission but whether that is true depends on each particular college (many will do that, some won't) and may even depend on scholarship (e.g., a college may have some scholarships that are determined even before Jan while others not until March or April.) .

As to second poster's question whether you need to retake SAT for purpose of admission really depends on colleges to which you intend to apply. You are likely fine for 95% of colleges but your SAT composite is on low side for some of the highest ranked colleges.
  • horrace95horrace95 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    Hey drusba, thanks for your prompt reply!
    I think I'll register for Jan now then as I will be looking for scholarships and would like to have a higher score that might be considered for awards!