Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is it OK if I took a class at a local college but didnt send thetranscripttocolleges?

dude9521dude9521 Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
I took a precalculus course at Stony Brook University to allow myself to take AB Calculus in high school; however, I applied and submitted my application to MIT Early Action without sending the transcript. Is it a big deal if it is late, or should I just not send it? Is it important for them to have? I self-reported the grade on the application and it was just one, month-long class over the summer. I'm starting to freak out about this...

Receiving credit isn't an issue since it's only precalculus, and I'll be much further along in math by the time I enroll in a college or university.
Post edited by dude9521 on

Replies to: Is it OK if I took a class at a local college but didnt send thetranscripttocolleges?

• entomomentomom Posts: 23,661Registered User Senior Member
    Email MIT and tell them that you forgot and are sending it now. It's not so much a matter of credit, but following instructions, the CA states:
    If you indicated that a transcript is available, please have an official copy sent to your colleges as soon as possible.