Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

How Good Does a Summer AP Course Look?

peetamellarkpeetamellark Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
This past summer, I took AP Biology in three weeks at Northwestern, receiving an A. How good does this look for schools? Also, the teacher really liked me, so she wrote a great evaluation at the end of the course.
Post edited by peetamellark on

Replies to: How Good Does a Summer AP Course Look?

• DevPatel144DevPatel144 Posts: 218Registered User Junior Member
    I think it may depend on what schools you're applying to...
  • peetamellarkpeetamellark Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    Any other advice?
  • HarvestMoon1HarvestMoon1 Posts: 3,432Registered User Senior Member
    peet - could you tell me a little more about taking AP Biology in 3 weeks? Is that really possible? Did it prepare you to sit for the AP Biology exam? Just wondering how one could cover all that material in 3 weeks.
  • peetamellarkpeetamellark Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    Yes-it was an intense course that met for six hours a day. We had a midterm and a final, and there were about fourteen students in the class. It is a well-known program: Northwestern Center for Talent Development. Our teacher was a graduate from Harvard. We took practice AP Exams and did the 14-15 laboratory requirement.
  • captainforgecaptainforge Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    @HarvestMoon1, it's based on a college class that is typically covered in 12 weeks. Students usually take 4-5 classes at a time, so that allows for around 3 weeks for one class if you only took them one at a time. It'd be rough, but it makes sense.

OT: I'd say this would look very good.