Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Made a few horrendous grammar mistakes on a Common App Supplement!

computasaysnoocomputasaysnoo Posts: 13Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
As the title says, I wrote my supplement answer for the University of San Diego and submitted it. Except, I don't know what I was thinking back then because when I re-read it today, I noticed 4 or 5 typos, as well as some misused words. Is there any way I could change this? I could call the university and explain the problem but what exactly would I say? "Hi, I had a moment of insanity and wrote my supplement essay at standard equivalent to that of a 3 year old's..?" It just doesn't seem very credible. What can I do? Is there any way to change what I've written in the supplement? Or is there a way to overwrite one essay for another? Thanks!
Post edited by computasaysnoo on

Replies to: Made a few horrendous grammar mistakes on a Common App Supplement!

• cortana431cortana431 Posts: 5,015- Senior Member
    No, I think it's too late to do anything about. It's like submitting a research paper to your teacher and realizing afterward you made some factual errors; you can't fix it after you handed it in. Hopefully, the mistakes were minimal.
  • AdamgeekAdamgeek Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    What's done is done. It happens to everyone. I found so many mistakes on my EA app too. I've kind of accepted it, but I just wish I could've had another school I learned mistakes from, instead of Harvard.