Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

First semester grades for Ivies!

shyamsshyams Posts: 241Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
I'm applying to a few very selective schools regular decision. Throughout high school, I've had an unweighted 4.0, but this semester I'm pretty sure I'm setting myself up for a B+ in AP Physics C. All my other grades are As, and I am taking the most rigorous courseload available at my school. How much will this slip-up affect me?
Post edited by shyams on

Replies to: First semester grades for Ivies!

• allaboutbooksallaboutbooks Posts: 129Registered User Junior Member
    I don't think it will affect your chances
  • barrk123barrk123 Posts: 3,457Registered User Senior Member
    You will be fine one B+ isn't going to kill you, however you should obviously make sure you try to bring it up to an A
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 16,974Registered User Senior Member
    Hopefully you're aware that no one's chances are good with these particular schools. You may very well be rejected but you're quite mis-informed if you think a single B+ is a fatal issue.

Where did you ever grasp that only 4.0 students are admitted to those schools?

Regardless, you may be accepted or rejected but that single grade will be negligible.
  • Crimsonstained7Crimsonstained7 Posts: 1,183Registered User Senior Member
    You need to go outside by a lake/under a tree/some other calm place, play some relaxing music, and take a nap. Seriously, a B+ will matter so little, the admissions people probably won't even notice. Just take a deep breath, and let it out, you'll be fine, just don't let it dip down to a C, because that could be a, still minor, problem.