Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Alumni Recommendation Letter

feliciastufeliciastu Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited February 2013 in College Admissions
I am currently a Junior and I intend on applying to Northwestern as Early Decision in the Fall of 2013. For the Northwestern admission process, one teacher recommendation is requested. My current AP Chem teacher is a Grad alum from NU's McCormick School of Engineering for Chemical Engineering and I have known him since last year (Mu Alpha Theta club sponsor) and I intend on taking his AP Computer Science class next year. Having known him for three years (taken 2 of his AP classes) and having functioned as the only officer and President of Mu Alpha Theta under his sponsorship that helped with the rebuilding of the honors club, would he be the ideal candidate to write my recommendation letter? Will the fact that he is an alum from NU that knows what it takes to be a Wildcat make a difference?

Additional Info:

Intended major in Radio, Film, and Television (School of Communications)
5.36 GPA, 4.0 unweighted (current)
Top 10 in a class of 500+
Intend on taking a total of 12 AP classes (Currently passed 2 exams, enrolled in 3 classes in my Junior year)
Tutor math in my free time
National Honor Society (3 year member), Rho Kappa Social Studies Honor Society officer (2 year member), Interact Service Club Secretary/Treasurer (4 year member), 2014 Class Council Rep (3 year member), President of Mu Alpha Theta (3 year member)
All County Honor Choir
150+ community service hours
Post edited by feliciastu on

Replies to: Alumni Recommendation Letter