Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Should quadruplet brothers apply to the same prestigious universities?

Replies to: Should quadruplet brothers apply to the same prestigious universities?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 29,286 Senior Member
    Yay, congratulations!!!!
  • brantlybrantly Registered User Posts: 1,914 Senior Member
    Congrats! My alma mater :-)
  • acron611acron611 Registered User Posts: 377 Member
    CONGRATS
  • angelkitty247angelkitty247 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    edited March 20
    Being a triplet, I can say that it isn't necessary to apply to all the same schools. I think being a triplet/quadruplet will add an interesting point to your apps and I did include it in one of my essays for UCs. But, I think it is not necessary to apply to the same places. It would be fun though and like infinite bragging rights if say your brother with a lower score or different EC etc. got in and another doesn't. (which may cause for sibling competition, which is fun as it is stressful :P) We applied to many of the same schools (my sister and I who are academically similar - my brother is not and doesn't qualify for more prestigious schools), but not because of each other, rather but for ourselves. That being said, it will be fun to see which of us get in where and should be similarly fun for you :)
  • preppedparentpreppedparent Registered User Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    ^^my alma mater. Congrats. Truly a great opportunity!
  • Mr. MeMr. Me Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Wishing you and your siblings all the best, @angelkitty247!
  • Snowball CitySnowball City Registered User Posts: 1,133 Senior Member
    Maybe your parents want to join that empty nest thread in the parents forum! They are going to miss you all so much.
  • brantlybrantly Registered User Posts: 1,914 Senior Member
    Do you guys have any other siblings?
  • citymama9citymama9 Registered User Posts: 1,448 Senior Member
    edited March 21
    Speaking of parents, do mind telling us what your parents are like? I have one child and it's hard enough staying on top of her and keeping track of her upcoming tests and everything that I can't imagine how your parents were able to make sure all 4 of you were doing everything you needed to be doing. If I had to guess, the 4 of you are very self-motivated, but you have parents with very high expectations. Am I right?
  • JenJenJenJenJenJenJenJen Registered User Posts: 654 Member
    @Tobster18 You and me both - the excitement, the drama of this thread! :)