Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Should quadruplet brothers apply to the same prestigious universities?

Replies to: Should quadruplet brothers apply to the same prestigious universities?

• collegesenior222collegesenior222 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Have you considered Northwestern University? I know a family that had triplets that all applied and all of them got accepted and attended. Good luck on your college search!
  • brantlybrantly Registered User Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Also, what part of the country are you from? What state, if you feel comfortable saying. Rural or urban?
  • NikkuWaddeNikkuWadde Registered User Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2016
    lol we are live just outside Cincinnati, in the suburbs @brantly and me and one other are applying to northwestern @collegesenior222
    There are also schools just 2 are applying to. Like me and another are applying to JHU. Me and another are also applying to UPenn (I want the huntsman program there, the other the AI program). Me and another are also applying to Brown. We certainly haven't put all our eggs in one, or even four, baskets lol.
  • picktailspicktails Registered User Posts: 406 Member
    My D is a URM junior at Penn, and there are URM triplets in her class!
    But like I said, my personal dream schools are: Princeton (Woodrow Wilson), U Chicago, and Georgetown SFS. I'm applying to these schools independent of my siblings, because they don't aling with their interests.
    I would consider UPenn's Huntsman program among my tops, becuase it combines intense language, cultural, and poltical study with business studies and math... and my Arabic background would be great for it, but the acceptance is so low and average test scores so high I'm only applying just to see what happens. Plus getting rejected from that program doesn't mean you're rejected from penn.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 5,457 Senior Member
    OP, please say you have match and safety schools?
    Of course. Match: OSU, U Mich (more of a low reach), Boston University, Miami University of Ohio

Safety: Jackson State (an HBCU my parents went to... with my stats id get a full ride), University of Cincinnati

If I don't get into any of my dream schools/ don't get enough money, I'll probably go to OSU.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 59,380 Senior Member
    Will they actually pay that much?
    edited November 2016
    I don't have unrealstically high hopes for actually being able to attend these schools... although I would absolutely love to, it just isn't super realistic. I have financial safeties and targets I'd be more than happy to attend if these schools end up being too expensive. My family and I are not delusional... it will likely end up being too expensive. That's okay. It was worth a shot. I'd still like see the outcome.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 22,939 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Let's not muddy the waters. The financial question has been split off.
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/1935313/quadruplets-and-css
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @skieurope. I just wanted to know how to send in tax returns without killing all the trees. I've already got the DL on the money situation
  • Mom24boysMom24boys Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    I just wanted to wish the best of luck to you and your brothers. Nice to see you (and hopefully your brothers) have such nice balanced lists with safeties, matches and reaches. I do agree with the other and think you and your brothers will get admitted to some of the reaches. Please keep us update on the results, very interested as a Mom of 4 boys, but only one set of twins.