Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Appalachian State Admissions

Replies to: Appalachian State Admissions

• notalostwanderernotalostwanderer Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Accepted to the Honors College! Have heard nothing about Scholars Day.
  • Rio123Rio123 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Did you get your Honors College acceptance by mail or through your portal?
  • nancy84nancy84 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    We got ours in the Mail. Letter was dated Jan 4th.
  • cooperzoecooperzoe Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Admissions sent out a message to schools saying that admissions decisions would be going out this afternoon and scholarships decisions would follow soon after. Good Luck!
  • PandaFanPandaFan Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I saw on the Honors College website that Scholars Day is Saturday, Feb 25th. Any invites yet?
  • LBad96LBad96 Registered User Posts: 3,425 Senior Member
    @lakeviking App State doesn't have a CC forum, yet other much smaller, less relevant schools haven't had posts in several years but they have forums. It's beyond a travesty.
  • nikatnight04nikatnight04 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 28
    My daughter did not get an invite to scholars day. Disappointing for sure. GPA: 3.98, WGPA: 4.85, ACT: 31 and involved in extracurricular and a very good writer. She got accepted to UNC-CH and NC State and so far all of the other schools she has applied to. We were thinking that App State may be her best bet re: scholarships but I guess not.
    I wonder what they were looking for. I would love to hear the stats of people who were invited. Congrats to all who got an invitation.
  • nikatnight04nikatnight04 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Of those who were selected for Honors College, W. Residential College and/or Scholars Day did you accept the offer of admittance or are you still trying to decide what college to go to?
  • meganewarrenmeganewarren Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    I was accepted to WRC (did not apply to HC) but did not receive an invite to scholars day :( I am so disappointed, especially since my admissions councilor said I would definitely be eligible for something. As an OOS student, I'm not sure I can make App State work with no aid (I expect no need based aid)... I am definitely still going to consider attending but it has now fallen towards the bottom of my list. This month has been nothing but bad news!
  • NoelBean17NoelBean17 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I got my Scholars Day invite yesterday! Haven't heard anything about HC or WRC though.
  • collegeliz17collegeliz17 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    I heard back from HC like 2 weeks ago and I got my Scholars Day invite yesterday.
  • LxTE5VWLxTE5VW Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I feel like we have the same child. Same ACT, same GPA, in top 10%. Got invite to additional open house aimed specifically at applying for scholarships/honors college/watuga. Didn't get scholars day invite OR Honors College! Would love to hear specifics for those who got Honors College/scholars day invites.
  • PandaFanPandaFan Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 30
    Nothing but crickets from the school. We too were invited up for the preview of the honors college/Scholars Day/WRC based on her initial application. My daughter will be in top 5% of her graduating class. She has all kinds of academic, community and athletic honors, high GPA (only one B in high school), strong ACT/SAT scores, involved with church and community service. This was my daughter's TOP choice above all the other 7 schools she was accepted (Mainly large state SEC schools) Being OOS and not being considered for a scholarship is now making it a tough choice as a parent. Not sure if attending AppState while not in HC is a worthwhile return on our investment compared to getting offered free tuition in GA. Is their program geared towards NC students? If so, it might have been nice to know before hand...
  • Waiting2107Waiting2107 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Did you get a letter saying that she was not accepted to Honors College? We called the school on Friday and they said that they were mailing out Honors College invitations through the 2nd week in February.
  • LxTE5VWLxTE5VW Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    no, haven't heard anything about honors college but got letter about not invited for scholars day on Friday. And it seems like others who applied early already got their letters...so I'm making an assumption...I thought Honors College was rolling.