Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Recommender Won't Submit Letter

2»

Replies to: Recommender Won't Submit Letter

• Byrdie12Byrdie12 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Oh. I see. Then send him another email and remind him saying it is fine to use the letter of recommendation from last year. You need this. Don't be so concerned about having to ask him again. He may have literally forgotten, or Life just got in his way. When you send him an email this time, give him a specific date that the school needs it. This date doesn't have to be the actual date either. Especially, since he appears to procrastinate. Good Luck!!
  • SeinfeldFan1SeinfeldFan1 Registered User Posts: 565 Member
    @Byrdie12 gonna try that, thanks!
  • preppedparentpreppedparent Registered User Posts: 912 Member
    @SeinfeldFan1 When in doubt, talk to your guidance or college counselor about it. S/he can always call the colleges and explain what happened to X letter, and advise on whether you should send another teacher's letter asap.
    @preppedparent thank you for your assistance. Fortunately, I reached out to a recommender who said she will complete the letter by March 1st, which is the deadline. Things work out sometimes I guess! Thanks again for your help!
  • ECmotherx2ECmotherx2 Registered User Posts: 1,521 Senior Member
    May I suggest that on February 24th, you drop him an email, thanking him for the letter of recommendation due on March 1st and how much you appreciate his letter and how you learned and enjoyed working with him. It will be a reminder that the letter is due!
    @ECmotherx2 that is a great idea, thank you! I may just forget him lol, he is probably annoyed at me at this point and I have gotten another professor to write for me whom I trust 99.9%.
  • hsscholar765hsscholar765 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    keep in mind the email you have is probably his work email, rather than personal email. given he no longer works there he may have been locked out of his work email depending on the extenuating circumstances of his departure
    @hsscholar765 good point, thanks!
2»