Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Was I too laid back my junior year?

DanielWDanielW Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
This year is my junior year, and ever since the beginning of it I've been worried I'm not doing enough in school or out of school. University of Miami is my first choice for college, but if I don't make it I'll have Florida International and Florida Institute of Technology.

Well anyway, the only academic classes I've taken this year are AP Lit, AP Lang, Spanish 1, intro to healthcare, medical terminology, Pre-calc honors (online), and U.S. history honors.

I have two main concerns:
(1) I've been extremely laid back with my pre-Calc course. It's been active for 16 weeks and I'm only through what normally should take 9 weeks. Should I power through the rest of the course to finish in the expected time?
(2) The general track at my school is to take physics your junior year. I haven't. Will colleges look down upon this? What if I take a college-level physics class over the summer?

Replies to: Was I too laid back my junior year?

• studentathlete18studentathlete18 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    1) Yes, but not for college, simply because more virtual classes have a completion date of 18 weeks.
    2) This question depends on what interests you. I took AP biology last year instead of honors physics like most of my counterparts in my school. It all depends on what interests you. Colleges like consistency and passion more than just another A student.