Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cheating the first time on a quiz

outtakesouttakes Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I got caught cheating the first time in my life during the end of senior year on a quiz, and I immediately fess up and apologized. My final grade is a C in the AP class (but I always had a mix of As Bs and Cs). I have already been accepted to a public university which as a 85% acceptance rate and I have already performed for my music scholarship there. Would this effect my acceptance and my scholarship?

Replies to: Cheating the first time on a quiz

• Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 33,631 Super Moderator
    Doubtful but your school may report it on your transcript. Keep your nose clean from now on.
  • TooOld4SchoolTooOld4School Registered User Posts: 1,987 Senior Member
    edited February 17
    If you have been cheating frequently and were only 'caught' once you have a much more serious problem. Penalties for cheating in college (or violation of the honor code) are much more serious, and can result in class failure or even expulsion.
  • TTGTTG Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Yes, decide to be a better person. Be honest, don't cheat. You won't have anxious moments like this and won't experience the negative results of such behavior. And life is much, much easier and much more satisfying if those around you can trust you. Wouldn't you like to know that those that are close to you are honest and dependable? You'll feel better about yourself too, which is not an insignificant thing. Good luck!
  • yonceonhismouthyonceonhismouth Registered User Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    You should ask if it will be sent to the school- some schools may rescind your acceptance if you have a disciplinary issue.