Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What does Application Withdrawn mean?

redzebras35redzebras35 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I just got rejected from SJSU but why does it say Application Withdrawn instead of rejection? I'm just curious, I expected it to say the latter.

Also, this was my top school and was just a saddening start to my morning :| I thought I would at least get accepted there but I understand that my stats are barely there.

Replies to: What does Application Withdrawn mean?

• i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Registered User Posts: 7,370 Senior Member
    Might just be a euphemism for rejection but part of me would be concerned that maybe something was missing from your app or something else that actually invalidated your application.
  • happy1happy1 Registered User Posts: 13,943 Senior Member
    contact the school to find out.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 15,924 Senior Member
    You should contact admissions since it probably means you did not meet the minimum requirements or some required documentation was missing from your application.
  • hophop Registered User Posts: 618 Member
    Sounds like something was missing from your application.
    Did you open your portal? Generally, all the the information about elements received (or not) will be there,
    and students are expected to be responsible about fulfilling them all.

That said, if it is really something that's missing, you might try - in conjunction with your school counselor - to provide that information within an appeal, if you're so inclined.