Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Ivy Day 2017

Replies to: Ivy Day 2017

• jhosk10jhosk10 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    edited March 14
    I applied to four (Harvard, Brown, Yale, Penn) and really hope for Yale (deferred EA). I got into Northeastern's Honors Program and URochester but I feel like the Ivies are just too selective for me. JHU and UChicago also.
  • wormholeswormholes Registered User Posts: 1,030 Senior Member
    I applied to two: Cornell and Penn. I was originally going to apply to two more (Brown and Columbia) but I decided against it because I was already applying to so many schools. I'm really hoping to get into at least one, but if not...it's okay :)
  • mtinchicagomtinchicago Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Applied to Columbia, Brown, and Dartmouth as a theatre major. Not that I'm actually gonna get in to any of them, but figured I might as well try! Also they were the only essays I genuinely enjoyed writing through the process.
  • tigerman333tigerman333 Registered User Posts: 1,201 Senior Member
    @wormholes I applied to the same ones. I also wanted to apply to Columbia, Harvard and possibly Princeton but just didn't have the time/motivation to do all those extra apps.
  • nervous17yearoldnervous17yearold Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @DreamforIvy aww that makes me so nostalgic.
  • scarletwitchxscarletwitchx Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    whoo just got into cornell ^-^
  • greenteen17greenteen17 Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    @DreamforIvy lol I didn't even know if I wanted to go to college as a sophomore and now here I am, freaking out waiting for decisions...
  • greenteen17greenteen17 Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    @binky17 I think many people don't apply to Dartmouth because of its reputation as being dominated by greek life and parties. It appeals to some, but scares others away.
  • AznDude525AznDude525 Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    Eh got rejected by WUSTL, expecting all rejections on March 30th
  • realityhitshardrealityhitshard Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    @scarletwitchx got accepted by cornell and rejected by wustl on the same day :)
  • scarletwitchxscarletwitchx Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    @realityhitshard same with me! except waitlisted by wustl (but tbh I never cared about them anyways)
  • binky17binky17 Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Thanks, @greenteen17, I wondered about that.
  • eet333eet333 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 16
    can't believe it's so soon!!! i applied to harvard, yale, penn, and brown, and i've already been accepted to vandy so if ivy day goes poorly i'll be ok (not really lollll)