Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do other decisions effect your chances at similar institutions?

2»

Replies to: Do other decisions effect your chances at similar institutions?

• nugraddadnugraddad Registered User Posts: 1,187 Senior Member
    I owe @ANormalSeniorGuy an apology for my original comment on this thread. Not for the content, but for the timing of my comment within the application process - and now I realize what @redpoodles meant with their "wrong time" and "WRONG TIME" comment, thanks to a couple of explanatory back-channel PMs from @menloparkmom.

I regret not realizing where kids are in the application cycle. My last kid to apply RD was in 2004, my youngest applied ED in 2012, so I have not been focused on the application cycle. I regret not realizing that kids are just now waiting for results - not putting in other applications, and I regret not realizing that before I posted my comment. So even though my original comment was well intentioned and not snark, I apologize @ANormalSeniorGuy for any angst that I may have caused or exacerbated, and hopefully stupidity as opposed to meanness as a cause makes you feel a little bit better.

Please make any comments via PM so that we do not again hijack the original thread.
2»