Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Waitlisted to every school so far

yourguardianyourguardian Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
Not all of my college decisions have come out yet, but I've been waitlisted to every school that I applied to (UC San Diego, Northwestern, and Pitzer). I'm still waiting for a few more UC's and private schools. Do I have a slim chance of getting off the waitlist...? Realistically, I would love to go to UCSD. Should I contact each waitlisted school's guidance counselor? Any tips to make my app look more favorable for this process?

Replies to: Waitlisted to every school so far

• Jliu32472Jliu32472 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Look into each schools waitlist details. How many were waitlisted, how many accepted to be placed on waitlist, hoe many the school accepted from that pool.
    Was just readying a thread on UC Davis waitlist acceptance and it was something like accepted 2000 out of 2700 in 2014. That's huge percentage.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 4,568 Senior Member
    Yes, you should follow up with a letter of continued interest. Email your regional rep and explain that it is your first choice and younwill attend if accepted. Then, towards the end of April, follow up with another emial, restating the same, and why you are a good fit for,the college. Update with any new achievements or info.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 26,866 Senior Member
    If you end up waitlisted everywhere, talk to your high school guidance counselor. They have been known to work with the colleges to try to get you off the waitlist someplace when this happens.