Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Is this a good junior course load??

brendanm13brendanm13 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
These are the classes I'm taking for my junior year. Is this a good course load, or will selective colleges want to see more?

Classes:
Writing/ SAT/ ACT Prep (required)
Religion III (required)
Algebra II
Spanish III (honors)
Anatomy (honors)
AP English Lang
AP US History
AP Psychology

Replies to: Is this a good junior course load??

• lindsgallindsgal Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    It all depends on the context of your school, but 3 APs 2 Honors sounds rigorous enough to me.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 27,821 Senior Member
    Have you taken all three from biology, chemistry, and physics? If not, take one instead of A&P.
  • brendanm13brendanm13 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I have taken biology and chemistry, but not physics. 1.) I would like to do a career in either history or medicine; so anatomy will help and 2.) physics at my school is only offered to juniors and seniors but senior year there's an exclusive AP physics class that I'm trying to get into, and first priority goes to students who haven't taken psychics before. So that's what I'm going for!
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 27,821 Senior Member
    Okay, makes sense :)