Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Updating Final Transcripts?

Mevans6Mevans6 Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
Long story short, I went through medical problems Fall 2013-Summer 2014 that resulted in 3 F's. I just recently found out that under my circumstance, (documented medical issues) I can file a late drop request and erase my 3 F's. It is a very lengthy process but worth it. (Actually had to track down my professors from 2-3 years ago to get their signatures). I'm about to submit all my papers and supporting documents to file the claim to my school. Since I have everything that is required I'm 90% sure they'll be dropped which is awesome because my cumulative GPA will sky rocket!

Question is: I already submitted my preliminary transcript (Junior level, FL. AA applicant) to several in state Universities for acceptance. If I were to be accepted to these schools will they replace my old transcript with the updated one with my new grades and GPA? I know I have to submit my final transcript either way but will they honor the grades being erased?