Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Will colleges look down if I only take 2 dual enrollment classes?

cj5555cj5555 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
All the community colleges within a 50 mile radius will only allow me to take 2 classes each semester. However, I know people who are allowed to take 4 classes each semester but they go to private school and there school have deals with these colleges. I know some people from these places will be applying to the same places I am and I was wondering if colleges will look down on my applications because I only took 2 classes each semester , even though that is all I am allowed to take.

Replies to: Will colleges look down if I only take 2 dual enrollment classes?

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 22,814 Super Moderator
    edited May 19
    No. There is no expectation from any college that you need to do any DE classes. Regardless of a student's desire, scheduling or other circumstances can preclude them from doing as many DE courses as they wish.

Anyway, colleges expect you to have as rigorous a courseload as you can handle. If, as you state in another thread, you are planning a crapload of AP's, doing any DE classes may be unreasonable.
    they go to private school
    As an FYI, there are many private schools that do not allow their students to take DE classes at all, and these students do just fine in the admissions process.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 28,241 Senior Member
    When you say you only take two DE classes a semester, are those the ONLY classes you're taking or are you also taking a couple online/high school classes?
  • cj5555cj5555 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    I am taking 3-4 ap classes in addition and language
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 28,241 Senior Member
    Well then you're absolutely fine, more than fine, with a very rigorous schedule. :) Don't worry you're fine. Focus on getting good grades and don't lose sleep over it!